Remember to savor your life's cupcakes!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sweet Indulgences

My baby boy turns 14 today. (He wants me to call him a man.) So I decided I would indulge myself with some sweet stories from when he was younger that make me smile.

My 5 year old Chad was playing with blocks. I told him that he was building a cool building. He quickly responded, It’s not a building-its an advanced weapons factory.”

When asked by the Primary President what Brigham Young did, young Chad said, "I know he made a team. Brigham Young Cougars."

One day I was asked, "Mom-if our church stops being true...can we play Nintendo on Sunday?" (always thinking)

Once, I was met with this query, “Why are our “eyes” Oh’s ? Our EYES (I's) Oh's (O's) He keeps me on my toes, this one.

Another day Chad pointed out to me that your legs, hands, and elbows are the only parts of your body you can dip. (Where does he come up with this?)

After he started school there was just no holding him back. He came home one day and announced that turtles and chickens can lay eggs so they are oviperous. Then said that mammals don’t lay eggs so they are vivperous. I’ve never checked the accuracy of these statements. Even if they are not true, those are some great made-up words for a 5 year old.

Chad also has a most tender heart, but he often doesn’t let people know that. When he was in Kindergarten, I was making his lunch. Chad said, “Mom, Timmy never has a drink in his lunch at school. Can you pack two today, so that I could give him one?” (Oh my heart!)

Chad still continues to amaze me with his intelligent and observant nature. Happy Birthday Chad! I love you!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Chad!!!! We hope you have a wonderful day and we are so glad to know you!
    ~The Knights

    ReplyDelete
  2. the advanced weapons factory is killin' me...not literally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing some sweet Chad memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tribute. smart and sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful stories! Fun to get to know Chad a little better.

    ReplyDelete