Remember to savor your life's cupcakes!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

more cupcakes

One of my first tender mercies came when I was 15 years old. I was getting my patriarchal blessing. Before I received my blessing, I had been earnestly praying to Heavenly Father. I wanted two things from my patriarchal blessing. Now mind you-these prayers were in secret. No one but Heavenly Father knew the desires of my heart. The two things I wanted…I wanted to know if I was going to be married and be a mother. You see, there is nothing I wanted more than that. But I was an ugly, unloved by boys girl who thought I would never be married. I was embarrassed that that was a desire of my heart. The other thing—I did not want my lineage to be from the house of Ephraim. I wanted to be different. The time came for me to receive my blessing. One of the first blessings I received was a promise from Heavenly Father that I would be a mother in Zion. (YES!) The next part of my blessing was counsel from Heavenly Father telling me how cool it was to be from the house of Ephraim. He made it become a desirable thing. Beyond the blessing itself, what I received from this experience is that Heavenly Father is real. He hears and answers our prayers. Even those of a 15 year old girl.

5 comments:

  1. My patriarchal blessing was a special experience as well. I got mine at 18 years old, and it was one of the most faith-promoting and spiritual experiences of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were not ugly back then or now. I would know. Teenagers are funny. Erika thinks she's ugly too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you could ever be ugly. But I love this writeup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second David's opinion. . . and Erika is not ugly, either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beauty within and out, always!

    ReplyDelete