Remember to savor your life's cupcakes!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

He hears me

So-a few years ago I decided I needed to home school one of my children. It was a hard decision for me to make. The consequences of this choice seemed massive to me. Although I felt really good about this decision, I was still apprehensive and concerned. My prayers were a constant expression of these concerns and fears. At this same time in my life, my calling in church had changed. It just so happened that during the first week of homeschooling, I was to be set apart. The High Councilor who was to set me apart knew nothing of my life and the events occurring in it. He laid his hands upon my head and set me apart. After the formalities were taken care of, the first words he spoke were, "Cindy, the Lord wants you to know that the decisions you have made regarding your family are pleasing to him."

There was more, but that was all I needed.
It was like a cupcake---with extra sprinkles for me that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment