Remember to savor your life's cupcakes!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Abby!

My baby turned 11. She shares her birthday with 2 incredible men...her Uncle David and her Grandpa Hixon...

It's time to re-visit that old classic (that makes me think of my dad)
"The Men in My Little Girl's Life"
It seems like only yesterday
When I heard my little girl say
"Daddy, there's a boy outside
His name is Rod. He wants to play in our backyard.
Can he Daddy? Oh Please Daddy?


                                                     
Is it really so long ago, she'd come to me and want to know...
"Dad, there's a boy outside, His name is Lee
He wants to carry my books for me. 
Can he Daddy? Is it alright dad?
He's got freckles.

Then came pony tails and jeans 
And my little girl was in her teens...
"Popsie, there's a boy outside...
His name is Tom. he wants to take me to the prom.
OK Popsie? He's cute Popsie. We'll be home early.


Before I knew it, time had flown. And how my little one had grown.
Now it was, "Father, there's a boy outside. His name is Eddie. 
He wants to know if we can go steady. 
Can we Father? Can we borrow the car Father?



Yes, it seems like only yesterday, I heard my lovely daughter say,
"Dad, there's a boy outside. His name is Jim.
He asked me if I'd marry him. 
I said Yes, Dad.
Got something in your eye Dad? I love him Dad.


A child. An Adolescent. A young lady. A wife.
And oh, yes. There's another man in my little girl's life.
"Hi Dad. There's a boy outside. His name is Tim.
I told him Grandpa was going to babysit him.
Thanks Dad. Bless You Dad. Good Night Dad.



Happy Birthday to Abby, David and Dad!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, she's not quite there yet!! It makes me teary to think of her getting married... and I'm not even her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn ... I am too old to cry!

    ReplyDelete