Remember to savor your life's cupcakes!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The mother of John

(Each day I will highlight a different woman from the Christmas Story)
I do not know who wrote this so I cannot give credit where credit is due...sorry...

I am Elizabeth, the mother of John, called the Baptist, the cousin of the girl Mary. The miracle of my conception, the strange and wonderful things that occurred in the life of my husband, the life and death of my son--all are most wondrous and filled with the power of the Lord. Were there time, I would tell you of it all. But there is no time and so I will share with you only one small moment most precious to me that lifted my spirit and made my heart overflow with gratitude for the goodness of God. Within my body I carried a child. As my cousin Mary came to my door I felt my babe leap within me, as the Holy Ghost bore solemn witness that the chosen mother of the Lord stood before me. I returned her greeting with gratitude and reverence: "Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb."

ELIZABETH: BIBLE WOMAN;  ELIZABETH AND MARY

She responded with one of the most beautiful and glorious statements of praise known to mankind. "My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God, My Savior. For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden; for behold, from henceforth al generations shall call me blessed."

God had granted to an ordinary woman the privilege of a personal witness that this was indeed the Christ--Savior of the World.

I bear you this day that same witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment