Remember to savor your life's cupcakes!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Snake Story

Here's a great story I heard at a meeting I was at recently. It was told by a man who lives in the East Lancaster area. I may not have all the details exactly right-but the gist of the story is as follows:

One early morning-around 4:00 a.m. he was up and planning his day, meditating and praying. He got a prompting to go check the weather. He thought that was an odd prompting and thought "I dont need to know what the weather is going to be today" and continued on with his praying. Anyway, he received this prompting again and thought, "Ok. I will go and check the weather." When he opened his front door he heard the unmistakable sound of a rattlesnake right outside his door. Instinctively he jumped. While he was mid-air he thought,"Great. I am mid-air and the snake is somewhere below me and I don't know where it is and I am barefoot." He landed, not on the snake, but went and got a shovel, found the snake and killed it. (nice story)

A few minutes later he returned to his praying and pondering and wondered why he was so prompted to check the weather and find the snake. And then he remembered. A 16 year old girl came to his house every morning and waited on his porch for a ride to seminary. The Lord was protecting this girl. (He said, I don't know why he found me expendable, but he loved this girl.) He later felt that this girl needed to hear about this experience and so he shared with her how much her Heavenly Father loved her.

I love this story because it epitomizes many things that I love. First-that there is a God in heaven who hears and answers our prayers. Second-we need to act on promptings when we receive them. Third-That our Heavenly Father does indeed love us very much.

1 comment:

  1. funny that is was "check the weather" instead of "check the porch"

    good story.

    ReplyDelete