Remember to savor your life's cupcakes!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thanks

The following comes from my local paper dated May 22, 2009

I am a disabled veteran and a member of Disabled American Veterans Chapter 55.

Serving 21 years in the United States Navy with two, very long tours in the Gulf War, I was injured badly twice.

Last Monday I was in Simi Valley shopping at Trader Joe's. I walk with a very bad limp and must use a cane due to my service-connected injuries. A very nice woman approached me, and we started talking. Eventually she asked if I served in the military, and which conflict I was in. She became very emotional and began to cry and asked if she could purchase my groceries. I told her that would not be necessary.

The fact that she thanked me for serving my country was quite sufficient. She really insisted, and finally, I accepted.

She would not give me her name but said God had asked her to "bless somebody today," and I was that person. I then began to cry.

Ma'am. I do not know who you are, but you were my angel and you touched my heart. You made it feel like it was certainly all worth it. God bless you and I thank you so much.

Jerry Alan Foster

2 comments: